In this part, we will go over a detailed explanation of the process & Strategy that helped this client get 40% increase in organic traffic and 81% in revenue.
The first thing we did with this client was an in-depth audit, and since we were dealing with an e-commerce site with many functions and pages, there were plenty of opportunities to identify and resolve technical problems.
We started by identifying thin, duplicate content and orphan pages that needed to be removed.
After the 2 audits, we went ahead and started fixing the issues as well as optimizing site speed.
After fixing all technical issues that the website had, we moved to conducting a competitive analysis to determine what strategies were used by the competitors and see any potential benchmark strategies that we can use.
We concluded that the niche is very competitive.
The competitive analysis allowed us to run a content gap analysis, where we basically look for competitor keywords that the site isn’t targeting yet, and this became the basis for our content creation. We focused on keywords that correspond to the user's intent.
We developed a detailed content strategy based on the keywords research. The content we focused on showed that we had a deep knowledge of the products we sell, thing that helped us tremendously in improving our chances of ranking higher for relevant keyword phrases and increasing sales.
Next, we focused on detailed analysis and optimization of individual pages. We went over each product page, collection and category.
We worked on:
Our client came to us with a fairly underdeveloped existing backlink profile, meaning there was little need to spend too much time removing undesirable links to the site.
We quickly disavowed some of the lowest-quality backlinks and then, we moved to implementing the following link building strategies:
Finally, we worked on creating a Local SEO strategy to gain backlinks and citations from local publishers.
Which helps both users and Google’s search algorithm to understand the business’ location. This was very important since our client operates within a limited geographic range.
Over a period of 6 months, we were able to increase our client’s organic traffic by 41% and based on the internal data these traffic increases directly lead to an increase in revenue by 81%.
Organic Traffic Growth (Source: Google Analytics)
Organic Keywords Growth (Source: Ahrefs)
Organic Traffic by numbers: Comparison between Jun-Dec 2020 and Jun-Dec 2021 (Source: Google Analytics)
• Some Ecommerce platforms are not SEO friendly due to their built-in features which limit the optimization options. But there is always a way around these constraints!
• Technical issues such as duplicate content can make or break a store ranking on Google. That's the reason why it is so important to have an optimized technical side of your ecommerce website, which will help with ranking efforts.
• Local SEO is extremely important for local businesses. It can help them tremendously, and it shouldn't be overlooked!
• The Link Building Process for an Ecommerce Website is not easy, which is why it is important to create high quality content in the store's niche to build authority and get backlinks.
• Website structure is among the most important ranking factors for ecommerce websites as it helps Google understand the site better, crawl and index it faster.